Pros and Cons
These are the pros of using font embedding in a PDF file
1. File fidelity (quality, layout, special characters etc.) will stay exactly the same as the original file one.
2. Additional modifications can be made on the PDF later without the need of having any other fonts installed assuring the file will always be viewed as intended by the users despite being modified.
3. Subset embedding assures that the file will contain at least the font with which it was created so everyone else can see it without having to install the font and also have the minimum size at the best quality.
4. Font embedding takes the PDF file sharing and interactivity between users to a different level.
The Cons of font embedding in a PDF file are
1. The file size which in the case of full font set embedding can be 3 to 4 times larger than the original file.
2. The practice is controversial as the potential for making copyright infringements is high. This is why Microsoft permits font embedding only with DRM protection in its applications.
3. If only subset embedding is made on the PDF file the other fonts that were not added originally in the file cannot be added anymore.
Using bullzip to embed font
Bullzip provides free pdf printer for up to 10 users. The FREEWARE comes with limitations that for personal and commercial use up to 10 users. It does not contain any advertising or popups. For commercial applications with more than 10 users there are commercial versions available with advanced features.
1. Install the free printer and open Bullzip PDF printer option. From your windows menu
2. Under the Other tab , In other Settings, select All from the Embed fonts dropdown list box. And click ok.
3. Open the document that you want to print. Under the print dialog box. Select Bullzip PDF Printer and print the file. That’s it now your pdf is font embedded.
There are few other alternatives for embedding such as using Adobe Acrobat, NOVA pdf and etc.. but This is a simplest and easiest way to embed the font in PDF as well as you get the software for free.!
Leave your queries in comment section and Subscribe to I’m Sulthan by Email for more interesting updates.Share with your friends. Thank you.